Extended Facebook Online Subsystem is a plugin for Unreal Engine 4 that integrates the Facebook social network for all platforms (using embedded UMG widget) and iOS & Android (using native Facebook SDK). It implements Online Subsystem so you can use available features exposed by this and/or special functions and Blueprints nodes designed only for Facebook. Plugin covers all Facebook functionality, including login and logout, requesting permissions, users identity, users avatars, inviting friends, getting list of friends playing your game or not in order to invite, game requests, achievements, leaderboards, sharing, and Open Graph stories.
Extended Facebook Online Subsystem plugin helps you creating social and interactive games by integrating features from Facebook for Games. Use this plugin to drive more installs and further engage players in your awesome game! Native implementation guarantees seamless integration and the best user experience. Embedded UMG widget implementation makes plugin available for all platforms.
More info you can find on the official plugin page.
- Native implementation means native features provided by Facebook SDK for iOS & Android (for example native platform dialogs).
- Embedded UMG widget implementation makes plugin available for all platforms.
- Supports 3D widgets for VR.
- It exposes simple but powerful API. No more HTTP requests or JSON parsing!
- Implements Unreal Engine Online Subsystem.
- All features are exposed to Blueprints.
- Out of the box for all platforms.
- No additional libraries are needed!
- Works with Blueprint-only & source code projects.
- Works with Launcher & GitHub UE4 versions.
- Facebook login and logout.
- Requesting new publish permissions.
- Requesting new read permissions.
- Getting Facebook users information.
- Getting users avatars.
- Getting list of all friends playing your game.
- Getting list of all friends not playing your game in order to invite.
- Inviting friends with Game Request.
- Inviting friends with AppInvite (without login requirement).
- Reading and writing Facebook Achievements.
- Reading and writing Facebook Leaderboards.
- Sharing post on the timeline (in the background without dialog).
- Sharing image on the timeline (in the background without dialog).
- Sharing image on the timeline via dialog (without login requirement).
- Sharing link on the timeline via dialog (without login requirement).
- Posting Open Graph story.