After 12 months of development and testing, we can officially announce that Realtime Database (Firebase) for all platforms is finished and released today! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Realtime Database is a plugin for Unreal Engine 4 that lets you integrate Realtime Database functionality of the Firebase system for all platforms.
Firebase is a platform that helps you quickly develop high-quality experiences and grow your user base. You can focus on making your game and not waste time building complex infrastructure. Realtime Database is a cloud-hosted NoSQL database. Data is stored as JSON, synced across connected devices in milliseconds, and available when your game goes offline.
More info you can find on the official plugin page.
- Firebase Realtime Database implementation.
- Cloud-hosted NoSQL database with data stored as JSON.
- No additional servers needed.
- Realtime sync across connected devices in milliseconds. All clients share one Realtime Database instance and automatically receive updates with the newest data.
- Responsive regardless of network latency or Internet connectivity so your game works offline. Data synchronizes when connectivity returns (mobile only).
- Handling of the complexity of realtime synchronization and provision of flexible conflict resolution.
- Backend development without servers using Firebase Cloud Functions.
- Support for transactions for operations that could be corrupted by concurrent modifications.
- Strong user-based security with Firebase Authentication module.
- All features are exposed to Blueprints.
- Support for gameDNA installer. No more downloading SDKs and creating packages on your own!
- Out-of-the-box for all platforms.
- Works with Blueprint-only & source code projects.
- Works with Launcher & GitHub UE4 versions.
- Big example project and professional documentation included.
- Compatible with Ultimate Mobile Kit.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Full source code available on GitHub private repo!
- Compatible with all platforms
- Easy plugin setup
- All future updates
- Support via e-mail